Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup


Martha Rose Shulman is the writer for the New York Times' column, Recipes for Health. It won't take long for you to notice that her recipes are those that I most frequently rely on when I am in the mood to try something new. She uses simple, seasonal ingredients and often gives several variations of a recipe or several ways to incorporate a seasonal item (from your local farmers' market, of course!) into a few recipes. I have a mad crush on her, basically...

So, while I study for tomorrow night's Clinical Nutrition Assessment exam on gastrointestinal, oncology, and liver medical nutrition therapy, I am cooking up this recent recipe published on her site...Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup!

I like to make soup on the days when I am stuck inside my apartment (UWS, NYC), so that I feel like I have a real reason to be next to the stove all day long.

Stay tuned for the rest of the dinner that will accompany this delicious-smelling, beta carotene PACKED puree of yumminess...

Check out the recipe:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/health/nutrition/08recipehealth.html?ref=nutrition

No comments: